It wasn't too long before we knew we would eventually grow old together. Her simple, serene, and shy exterior quenched my thrist for eccentricity. There was something in her eyes that seemed to always calm me down and bring me back to this world. Being somewhat of a free thinking, I always enjoyed living in the stars, in space--where things seemed so much simpler. The everyday realities of saying "hi" to people, and letting them into my world didnt seem to appease me, yet somehow with her living in this world, in my world, everything became easier.
The Meeting
"I'm a writer" was the very first thing I ever told her. Her eyes lit up, she smiled, and seemed surprised that in a world full of superficialities, there were still artists among us. "Really?" she responded. "Do you write for newspapers?" I began to get annoyed. "No. I'm a writer. I create worlds, a journalist states facts". Every morning, every night, throughout the course of my day, I made sure to create a world with my words. I wanted her to know that if she took a chance with me, that this world would continue forever. I would protect her, love her, and most of all, I'd always hold on to her.
The First Kiss
Our first kiss is something I will relive in my mind...something that will stay in my heart for as long as I live. I remember how she pulled away from me the first time our lips met. She looked at me, bite her lip, and kissed me again. Her lips tasted sweet and fresh, probably from having eaten a whole pack of Halls but I kept coming back for more. Something that night told me that I needed to kiss these lips every morning when I woke up, every night before I went to bed, and over a thousand times during the day. My heart told me, and I listened.
The Park
"I never felt like this about anyone before" was what she told me that day at the park. Under the baby blue skies, I remember how her eyes looked straight through me to my heart. It was hers. There was no one else in this world that my heart belonged to now but she was scared. She was scared of the unknown, of what could possibly happen to us. I told her, as I looked into her brown eyes, to put her guard down. I promised her that I would never leave her and get down on my knees for her, and make everything all right. She listened.
...My Words
I asked her through my thoughts, through my words, through my emotions to be the one that I would hold and cherish forever. The one person in my life that I will alwys put first...I asked her if she would marry me. She turned to me, with tears in her eyes, as I held out the ring: "I want you to know that I will love you forever, that our love is our life and no one can ever take that away from us. This is love, this is life...ours forever.
Please say "yes"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment